In Algeria, Abdelouahab Nouri, the Minister of Land Development, Tourism and Craftsmanship, on an inspection tour in the tourism expansion zones (ZET), complained about land grabbing which impaired the optimal implementation of the Parc des Grands Vents (Dounia Park) project in Algiers.
The complex which was to become a recreation park with playing zones, green spaces and restaurants, has obviously been poorly handled. “The project took dangerous turns and now requires strict and urgent measures. I was really surprised when I found out about and studied the status of this project. It is true that some executives previously told me that plots were being illegally distributed but I couldn’t believe them because the park is supposed to be well-protected. Sadly, everything was true. Against the law, plots are indeed being distributed for fake projects, mainly portrayed as fast-foods,” the minister told El Moudjahid.
Out of the 1,059 hectares dedicated to the project, nearly 65 hectares were illegally distributed. This drove land management offices to cancel contracts for a hundred projects as the minister said “it was impossible to promote the development of tourism by encouraging such non-respect of the law”.
Souha Touré
Absa Kenya hires M-PESA’s Sitoyo Lopokoiyit, signalling a shift from branch banking to a telecom-s...
MTN Group has no official presence in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where the mobile market is d...
South Africa led with 35% of total deal value, ahead of Kenya and Egypt Inbound deal value ro...
Safran invests €280m to build one of the world's largest landing gear plants in Morocco, crea...
This week in Africa, Africa CDC is stepping up its drive for health sovereignty, building new partne...
Senegal launches 250,000-ton cold storage in Ngomène Part of $314.8 million Agricool cold chain program Aims to cut 30-40% post-harvest losses,...
AfDB, AIIB mobilize $300 million for Rwanda clean energy Program to deliver 200,000 grid links, 50,000 solar systems Initiative expected to...
Government meets Vodafone Egypt and Vodacom executives as part of broader group-level digital discussions Talks focus on infrastructure, e-government...
First Africa edition of the HANNOVER MESSE network set for September 29–October 1, 2026 Morocco selected as gateway linking Europe, the U.S. and...
Senegal, Morocco resume talks on film co-production pact Countries seek revised agreement on training, distribution Partnership produced two...
“Dao” ranks among the three films in official competition at the 76th Berlinale and marks Alain Gomis’ second bid for the Golden Bear. The film...